Sunday, July 31, 2016

Blood Noir Review

It's review time again. I am reviewing book 16 of the Anita Blake series. It has become my second favorite after Obsidian Butterfly. It was better than the last few books I read and I was starting to lose hope because it was the same plot over and over again it seemed.

This story was similar to book 13 which was Micah. Anita goes on a one on one trip with Jason, her werewolf lover and Jean-Claude's pomme de sang. Jason needs to go back to his home town because his father is dying and he wants to have a make-up with his father because he wasn't the son is father wanted.

Jason's father thinks that he is gay and he wants Anita to come and show him that he is not. They make it back to Jason's hometown and they soon find out that the prominent family is having a wedding that weekend. We also find out that Jason has been mistaken for this son getting married all his life and it happens all throughout the book.

I liked the one on one because Anita and Jason had their own voices. With the others, the characters are different but they don't have their own voice. You can't separate them because there are so many and their descriptions are the same.

Also, I want to talk about my thoughts on these covers. They are not my favorite. I get the items on front because they are in the stories at one time. Anita uses scissors to cut herself free after her and Jason are taken. I also love the color and the library covering made it shinier.

I can't wait to read the next one because Edward is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...