Time for another book review!!! The Harlequin is the 15th installment in the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton and I really enjoyed this one. It was suspenseful and it caught my attention from the very beginning.
This story starts off with Anita and Nathaniel going on a date to celebrate their "almost-anniversary". When Anita makes a trip to the bathroom, she sees a white box with her name on it. She thinks it's from Nathaniel and opens it to reveal a white mask. She does to ask him about it and he doesn't know anything about it. She then calls Jean- Claude and he becomes terrified.
I am not going to describe what the mask means, just that they are used as symbols for the vampire council's military and they are feared by every vampire and they fear only one vampire and that is the mother of all darkness.
The local lion group gets a new Rex after they betray Jean- Claude and don't help when the vampires, were-wolves, were-rats and were-leopards need them most. Haven becomes the new Rex and also becomes the lion to Anita's lioness. Richard also becomes stubborn and when Anita's wolf tries to break free, he wants he to change into a wolf so they can finally be together, just them, but it ends up putting all them near death.
Like I said, I really enjoyed this one and this is my 2nd favorite after Obsidian Butterfly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment