Tuesday, October 12, 2021

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Favorite Book Settings

 

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl

This weeks prompt is favorite book settings. I had to sit down and really think about them because I have never really made a list of my favorite settings. I won't explain my list because I feel that it is pretty self explanatory.

1. Haunted Houses

2. Open body of water

3. Under the Ocean

4. Antarctica

5. Magical Schools

6. Forbidden countries (ie Russia)

7. Space

8. Abandoned buildings or towns

9. Forests/ Jungles

10. Ancient Egypt

13 comments:

  1. I love stories set in Antarctica. Space too, forests, under the ocean. Most of these actually! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to figure out how to include space on my list this week, too, but didn't make it. Fun list. My TTT vivid settings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with #1, #7 and #8. I used to be an avid fan of Ancient Egypt too, till I ended up overdosing on Egypt setting books, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I somehow find open bodies of water more terrifying than haunted houses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like ones around bodies of water. I don't think I have ever read one set in Antarctica...but now I must! Here is my link if you'd like to stop by: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/10/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-book-settings.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read a book about Egypt in such a long time. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/ten-more-books-about-books/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magical schools can be fun reads!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/autumn-vibes-books-whos-cover-has-autumn-feels/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love magical schools too! I put creepy houses on my list this week, but it's basically the same vibes as haunted houses.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/10/12/top-ten-tuesday-337/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magical schools are a lot of fun as a setting! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need more Ancient Egypt set reads.

    Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes to Antarctica! I recently read The Last Continent and it made me want to read more fiction books set there. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some really good ones! I also love jungles/forests as well as books set in abandoned towns.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Abandoned buildings or towns make for good stories.

    ReplyDelete

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...