Sunday, January 2, 2022

HAPPY NEW YEAR// Sunday Post #21


 The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly from The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Happy New Year everyone. Let's hope that this is the year that the pandemic will end. How was everyone's holidays. I took a unplanned hiatus from blogging because life and procrastination. When I had some free time, I spent it watching YouTube, reading or listening to Kpop with my kids. We had a great Christmas weekend. We were gifted a zoo membership by one of our girl scout co-leaders and we went twice in one week. Once during the day to see the animals and then the night after Christmas day to see the Christmas Lights. 







On New Year's Eve we got a call that we didn't expect and my husband ending up making a 3 hour drive with our kids to the coast to see his grandmother who is now living with his aunt and her family. She has severe dementia. It hit very quickly. She had been repeating things during conversations in the summer and when we called her on Thanksgiving, she still remembered my husband. When my husband and kids arrived yesterday, she didn't know them. She raised my husband since he was a baby and she has forgotten him. Alzheimer's is now public enemy number 1 to our family. 


She is such a big gamer and here she is doing a puzzle on her tablet with my oldest. Her first great grandchild.

Thursday: TBR Thursday #6



Animal Farm Review

Tag Thursday

Top Ten Tuesday

Our Last Christmas Together Review

Fire and Blood Review

Tiger Honor Blog Tour



I received a book from my top ten Tuesday book wishlist post on the 21st. I was so excited to get this book because I have been seeing it EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!


MY BOOKTUBE VIDEOS 






HAVE A GOOD WEEK EVERYONE!

7 comments:

  1. How fun to get to go the zoo! It looks like you all had fun! Yes, Alzheimer's is a thief. Happy New Year! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alzheimer's is so rough, I'm sorry it's hitting your family this way! 'Crying in H Mart' is also on my To Read list for this year and I'm keeping all my fingers crossed that this year will be easier on everyone than last year. I hope you have a lovely week :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandma and step-grandma both had Alzheimer's. It's terrifying, and I hope I never get it. I'm glad you had a good Christmas! I love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!

    Alzheimer's is horrible and I'm so sorry to hear that. My grandmother got it too and didn't know anyone. I'm so sorry you have to go through it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alzheimer's is so hard, for everybody! I also got some books from the bookish community, so exciting! Happy New Year! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/01/stacking-shelves-4sunday-post-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love the zoo! We've taken trips which were just going to different zoos every day. We just got a membership to our closest zoo. We went to see my Mom earlier in the month and she doesn't remember me anymore. Only 3 years ago she was still driving and living in her own home but after she broke her hip she just hasn't managed on her own. She lives right by my brother so she remembers him. Happy New Year!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. alzheimer's is a nasty disease. My grandma had it and it was so hard to see the toll it took on my dad. She was living with us at that time and she would sit at the dinner table and say things like how she was sad because she had no family left. My dad kept trying to remind her who he was, but as you know, it comes and goes. I'm sorry your family is experiencing this. :Lots of hugs:

    ReplyDelete

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...