Sunday, January 23, 2022

January, why must you drag???// Sunday Post#22


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly from The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

From the title, you can tell I am OVER January. It is dragging and it feels like we have been in January for years instead of 23 days. I looked at the calendar yesterday and asked myself did the new year start only 3 weeks ago. It feels so much longer than that. I think mainly the reason for the drag feeling is that this month has been very busy. We have had to pay 4 tax bills this month, thankfully two of those are paid by our mortgage company but it was like pulling teeth to get them to pay it.  My two youngest daughters got their first round of Covid shots, and thankfully didn't experience any symptoms. 



Doing daily phone calls for checkups on my husbands grandmother who has more bad days than good now. We had a laptop go down, so now my 3 kids are having to share our 2 computers between them and I also work from home, so our school days have gotten longer and my work days have extended into early morning hours. We had a small snow storm on Friday night and it melted yesterday afternoon. It was the first significant snowfall that we have had since 2016.


But other than that, it's been good. How has your month been going?


Wednesday: WWW Wednesday #5
Thursday: TBR Thursday #7


The Hidden Palace review
Top Ten Tuesday
WWW Wednesday
When the World Turned Upside Down blog tour


I have put myself on a permanent book buying ban for 2022. Let's see how long this last. I am only going to buy books if I really enjoy it, or my library doesn't have the next in the series, or if the hold time is months and the book I want to read is for a book club or readathon. So, this is my library haul for January. I got most of these at the beginning of the month and I have not read them yet because surprise, I have decided to read my owned books and ebooks. My brain is so mean sometimes.



This is everything that I have watched this month. I have enjoyed everything that I have been watching. My favorite thing has to be Encanto. I have the soundtrack on repeat. I have watched it twice this week with my kids and highly recommend it. Everyone should watch this. Luisa needs all the love and little Antonio, I want him as my kid. 

I am going to be finishing season 1 of this tonight. So much better than the graphic novels

EVERYONE WATCH THIS ASAP!!!

I loved this. It is no for cry babies though because I cried constantly. I understand why most people don't like it, but the story is about the relationships and bonds between the eternals and how to choose between right and wrong. Also Karun is the real MVP. LOVE HIM! Get those action sequences...lol.

It took me the first two episodes to really get into this because of his defense of the Tusken Raiders. I am still not over the death of Anakin's mom. 

Anything Idris Elba, sign me the hell up. This was a short lived series on Netflix about a man who is a one hit wonder and is now a nanny to his best friend's kid. 













2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot going on. We also got our first good snow (3 inches) since 2018 and is now mostly gone. I hope you have a good week. https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/01/stacking-shelves-7sunday-post-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. January is a lousy month to be having to pay tax in.
    I really must watch Encanto soon

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...