I have read and completed a George Orwell book. When I was a senior in high school, I had to read 1984. I read half of it and then had a baby and was excused from that assignment. I eventually want to read it, but this one was more recommended to me. I knew that it was a satire about the Russian Revolution and it can also fit any dictatorship or communist country today. The day after I finished this, I went to the zoo with my family and my zoo has a new farm area and there were so many pigs, that I caught myself side eyeing them... yep.
Everyone knows what this is about but if you were like me and didn't have to read this in school, then it is about a farm where the animals overthrow the humans and thrive on their own. They are ruled by the pigs who start the revolution. They eventually make commandments and have the other animals work and produce the food. The pigs even teach the puppies to be guard dogs or the bodyguards and hitmen. The pigs change the rules to fit them and after years, the animals get tired of it. They confess to being traitors just to be killed because they can't live that life anymore.
I had no idea how short this book before reading it, but while reading it I got bored because it was repetitive and the story wasn't going anywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment