Growing up, every time this movie was on TV, I would watch it. It is fantastic and never knew that it was a graphic novel until a few years ago when I clicked on a link taking me to a list of must read graphic novels and V for Vendetta was the number 1.
It has taken me a few more years to pick it up, and I am sad to say that I was very disappointed. I just could not get into it. Granted I haven't watched the movie since I was a teenager, and I am now 31. I hated how tiny the font was and how it was all crammed together. I also kept getting the characters confused because they were all the same. They were so flat and had no personality.
If you don't know what this is about this is a dystopian where England has turned fascist and is under a big brother police state where they watch everyone, and send people of color, homosexuals and opponents to concentration camps. Our main character, a man codenamed V is a former prisoner of a camp and he was experimented on. He is causing the most havoc and hacking broadcast and blowing up major government buildings as revenge for what they did to him. He speaks in riddles and one night he saves a young girl named Evey who is attempting to prostitute herself out and she goes for the wrong men. V saves her and takes her back to his place and teaches her his ways, kind of like an apprentice.
I will be watching the movie again soo, and see if it has held up and how accurate the adaptation is.
No comments:
Post a Comment