Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Review: Our Last Christmas Together by Matt Mikalatos


 A series that I started reading years ago and has always been on my mind. I recently found out about this novella about a year ago and I just never prioritized it. I don't read Christmas books because I am a scrooge and barely tolerate the holidays starting in November, but I do it for the kids. Anyways, I decided to read this little ebook and I enjoyed the little trip back into this world. It did make me cry and I gave it a 5 stars for it. 

This is set between the first and second book and all of the humans have gathered together to celebrate Christmas. They are having lots of food and socializing. Jason is on the verge of being killed for chopping down a tree for Christmas and the Elenil don't understand the Christmas customs. There are also three speakers who have to tell a Christmas story. Jason tells his quirky story first and then Madelyn is the last and her story was about her grandfather who was about to die and it just made me miss my grandpa that much more. It will be 17 years on January 15th and I miss him everyday. 

This novella has made me excited to pick up the third and final book in this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...