Sunday, October 9, 2022

Busy Weeks Ahead!// Sunday Post #39

 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly from The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Hello all. It's been a long month since my last Sunday Post and it has just been work for me and school with the kids. I got in a minor reading slump thanks to The Tale of Genji. But I am reading some good books at the moment. I am hoping that my reading pace will stay steady in the coming weeks because it is about to get busy. 

Tomorrow, my middle daughter will be turning 12 and I am not prepared to have another teenager in the house. Since her birthday is tomorrow, we are only having a 4 day school week and then on the 15th, which is next Saturday, my best friend is having a huge party. 

It will be an adoption celebration for her 2 year old son. We will also be celebrating his birthday and to top it all off, her and her boyfriend of 10 years decided to finally get hitched this week, so we will be celebrating their marriage. I can't wait to just party the night away with her because she has had the not greatest two years because of fostering and the adoption constantly being pushed back. She deserved it so much and her little man is lucky to have my best friend as his mama.




Wednesday: Watchmen review




Romeo and Juliet Review

Top Ten Tuesday

No Admissions Blog Tour

Vagabonder Blog Tour

Wrath Blog Tour


No books this week. I am mainly buying Halloween costumes and birthday presents for my kid and my dad. Also working on Christmas shopping. 


I have been watching a lot of TV lately with my kids. It is spooky season and we always watch seasonal shows. We started watching two new shows (to us) this week, and I am absolutely obsessed with one.

Those two shows are:
I AM SO OBSESSED WITH THE HARP AND 100% SURE IT IS AMBER RILEY!


I got interested in this one because it comes on after Halloween Wars which I have been watching from the very beginning.


I was also betrayed by Lego Masters this week because they sent my favorite team home. The Grandpappies were just the most wholesome team and they deserved love. 

Another show that I am obsessed with but will NEVER rewatch is The Handmaid's Tale. I love this show, but I also get major anxiety and all the feels when I watch it. It also hurts that next season will be the last season of the show, but I can't wait for the adaptation of the Testaments!


One that I have been rewatching with my kids because they love the host and learning about different places is fun. If you don't watch Expedition Unknown, then start watching ASAP! Josh Gates has the best humor and wit.

But wait, I have watched more. How I watched all of these shows and still had a productive week is beyond me. We watched Andor on Wednesday and Thursday we watched She-Hulk and Ghost Adventures. 






That's not all. My hubby decided to have a TV day with us today and we watched Werewolf by Night, Drifting Home and Pokemon Journeys. It was a good day. Honestly, with the amount of stuff I have watched this week, I should become a TV show reviewer....lol. I also watched an episode of Agatha Christie's Poirot. It was the episode that was adapted from Murder on the Links.






That is all I have watched this week. I am surprised that I found the time to sit and watch all of this and still get work done and have productive school days with my kids, enjoy time reading and clean my house and spend time with my animals. But like the title of this week's post suggest, I have events coming up and the holidays and I kind of hope that I will still have this productivity streak and relaxation time without burnout killing the vibe. 

Have a good week everyone. 













5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a productive week! I need to watch Halloween Baking Championship. I love Carla Hall. Here's my SP: https://bonniereadsandwrites.com/2022/10/08/sundaypost-catching-up/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many TV things! We don't get to watch a lot of TV as my son gets bored 😂 any spare time that I have goes on reading.

    All the parties and celebrations sound really good. I hope you enjoy them all.

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/10/09/sunday-post-52/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's a lot of TV - I've gone the total opposite way lately and cut out most of the shows I used to watch. Every couple weeks I watch a movie with my husband (who watches LOTS more than me) and I kept a few fall series that I like, but I can't seem to keep up with everything else I want to do AND watch TV. Sigh. I need more hours in the day!
    Hope you have a terrific week and find time to curl up with a good book.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-19

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much TV shows. I don't think I will be able to keep up with all of it.
    Have a great week.

    Ann @ Snapdragon Alcove
    https://snapdragon0blog.wordpress.com/2022/10/07/september-wrap-up-2022/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to pick one show and binge it, then move on to another. Hope the party is wonderful. Happy Birthday to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...