Saturday, October 15, 2022

Review: The Spy House by Matthew Dunn


I am still reading this series and have two more books and two novellas that I found on Hoopla, so I may be finish this series early next year. I was hoping that this one would be another 5 star, but it is a 4 star because it was a sad one. It was sad because so many characters that were in every book are no longer and they were beloved characters. I do have to say that the plots are similar in every book, but our main character Will Cochcrane has had major character growth. He is no longer the arrogant - nothing can touch me- im invincible man that I despised in the very first book. He is more humble and grounded and open minded to the dangers and he has realized that people actually care for him.

The one con I had with this was that the chapters were short. I like short chapters but these were like short short. There was also a lot of POV's from the very beginning. Thos book starts off with an Israeli ambassador to France being assassinated and then a group of CIA, DGSE and Mossad having to hole up in a bunker in Lebanon to find Hamas targets. The CIA agent in the bunker is one of Will Cochcrane's friends and he ends up being accused of killing the team members. 

There is also the main villian of this story who goes into Gaza and poses as a UN representative and he basically kidnaps a boy and then brainwashes him throughout the book to become a suicide bomber. There is trigger warnings out the wazoo for this. 

I think the next two that I read will be the two novellas and then read books 6 and 7 at the beginning of 2023. Or if I want to be a completionist, I will add the last two to my ever growing December TBR.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...