Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Review: The Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Christie

 


Continuing with my Agatha Christie reading challenge. I am trying to read every single one of her works. This is the fourth I have read so far. This one is the start of her Colonel Race series and so far, I am not impressed with these characters. I mean there series is named after a minor character. 

Our main character Anne Beddingfeld witnesses a death of someone falling on the train tracks and she decides to become an investigator and find out why the person looked frightened before he fell backwards and why the scent of mothballs is so prominent. 

I was annoyed with her character all throughout the book because she was annoying as fuck. She had no clue what she was doing, yet she decided to be an investigator in something that was none of her damn business. She wanted to be an adventuress and that is basically what starts her adventure. This story is one big wrong place, wrong time. She also is very naive and dumb. She gets these letters telling her to go to certain places and she goes and falls into a trap and then she cries wolf. This happens not once but twice. The third time I was completely over it. 

This book takes place on a ship heading to South Africa. There is characters who all think bad of the other. They can't wait to get to Rhodesia and see the "black people" and have them do their bidding and make them little trinkets and drive them around. Rhodesia is Zambia and Zimbabwe today.

This story is very unforgettable and the plot was not that interesting. I honestly don't know how or who did what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...