I realized that I didn't do a review for Volume 1. I have always wanted to read this series and my husband's 11 year old cousin spent the weekend with us and got my 13 year old excited and she asked me to get the books from the library. I have no idea when we will finish this series because our library system has few copies of each volume and we had to wait 3 months for the second volume to become available because everyone else was reading it.
Anyways, it also has a show on Hulu if you don't want to read the manga series. My kid has watched the first season and she says it stays true to the first volume. Now on to what the series is about.
It is set in a world where most of the population has this thing called quirks. The main character Izuku or Deku has not developed his quirk and he is stressed about his entrance exam into the U.A. High school. Which is basically the Disney movie Sky High. He also has help training for his entrance exam by his idol and the main and famous superhero All Might, but not everything is what it seems.
Now volume two picks up where the first volume left off. It consistes of three training exercises for the heroes and then a big battle to leave off on. I liked the story, but it jumped from character to character and it wasn't consistent throughout the book. I was confused and felt like I turned multiple pages at a time. The story was just choppy. There was also a lot more sexism and cussing in this. Not expecting that.
It also goes into more detail about other character's quirks and I was completely disgusted with some of them. One has nitroglycerin sweat and another has balls that he throws that I believe may be poop. I am not sure.
If anyone has read and/or watched the show, I would love to know and talk to you about your opinions and how you like or dislike it.

No comments:
Post a Comment