Monday, October 10, 2022

Review: Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare (No Fear Graphic Novel)

 
Last year I read my first William Shakespeare ever and it was a Bo Fear Shakespeare edition of Macbeth. I really enjoyed the experience reading the original text and a modern version on the very next page. Sadly my library system only had the No Fear Shakespeare and then two graphic novels. So the next one I picked up was this one. I liked the translation and the art, but I definitely had FOMO while reading this because I wanted to read the original text as well.

The only thing I knew about Romeo and Juliet was that they came from rival families and they fell in love and they end up commiting suicide because they can't live without the other. What I didn't know was that Romeo was exiled and Juliet's father was a garbage human being... oh hell who am I kidding. All men are garbage! 

I was not expecting the amount of sexism from Romeo's friend and how he treated Juliet's nurse. It was very disgusting and pathetic. I still want to read the No fear Shakespeare version of this with the original text to see if I will like it better and have more emotions towards it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...