Thursday, October 20, 2022

Review: Aerie by Maria Dahvana Headley

 



The conclusion to the Magonia duology. I read Magonia last year and really enjoyed it. Going into this, I realized that I had forgotten most of what Magonia was about. I remember the main character and what Magonia was, but then everything else... I drew a complete blank. I didn't remember that Aza had a bond with Dai. I didn't even remember him or her sister Eli. I had forgotten that Jason had two moms and I forgot about his alligator costume.

So needless to say, that I really didn't enjoy my time reading this because I was confused and trying to remember what the hell happened. I was annoyed with Jason so much because of his constant control of Aza and wanting her to be "safe" and in one spot and not leave. He was also obsessed with Pi and constantly reading all of the numbers for Pi was aggrevating and it took me out of the story. 

I was really intrigued with the new government agency element that Jason was apart of. I like the introduction to underground worlds and creatures and I would like to see another book dealing with the underwater world. 

There was some shocking moments and I did want to cry at one point because I felt bad for Aza and her losing this was heartbreaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...