Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Would Read on Vacation If I Went on Vacations!

 

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl

Today's prompt is funny to me because it is books that you read on vacation. I don't take vacations because no money. My life is like a permanent staycation because I am home ALL THE TIME! I work from home and all my stuff is here. When I think about taking a vacation, I get the overwhelming anxiety of all that money being spent and then my animals thinking I have abandoned them. Plus I would have to take my kids with me and that makes it not a relaxing vacation. That is just parenting in a strange place and have I mentioned MONEY!!! To be honest, I don't know how my parents planned so many vacations while I was growing up. 

ANYWAYS, on to the books I would read if I spontaneously went on a vacation. It would be on my kindle because books are heavy and I don't like carrying things now. 















9 comments:

  1. Diane Chamberlain's books are ones I always look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up Emma Lord's back when it released. The cover color is so eye catching and fun! Plus it sounds cute too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, love the look of This Eternity of Masks and Shadows which is also a great title!
    This was a tricky topic for me too as I've not been away on vacation for so many years for the se reason! But these are the books I read over the last summer long vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last house on the street catches my attention immediately - the cover and the author. I hope you get to take that vacation soon and read all of these!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great list there. I get a bit precious about how to pack my books so a kindle has definitely been a gamechanger for me.

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/10/11/top-ten-tuesday-book-i-read-on-vacation/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get the opportunity to take a vacation and read all of these books. Even if it's just a day to yourself in the local park.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/summer-2022-book-haul-vacation-book-buying/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you there. It’s been a long time since I took anything other than staycation.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-types-of-books-i-read-on-vacation/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice twist on the theme. Last House on the Street is really thought-provoking

    . My TTT post: http://wordywitterings.com/2022/10/11/top-ten-tuesday-books-ive-read-on-holiday/

    ReplyDelete
  9. "That is just parenting in a strange place"—ha ha. So true! We went on a houseboating "vacation" once when our youngest was two or so and it was the most stressful holiday I've ever been on. I couldn't relax at all for fear he was going to fall off the boat and drown!

    I love Diane Chamberlain's books. THE LAST HOUSE ON THE STREET isn't my favorite of hers, but I liked it all the same. She's a great writer.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...