Friday, April 12, 2013

Last 2 Days

The last 2 days have went by too fast. On Wednesday, Cayce went to school, and the girls helped me clean up their room and living room and by the time I looked p, it was time for me to make lunch and Cayce walked through the door. It went by so quick. The rest of the day went to researching homeschool associations for our 3rd option homeschooling. The SC homeschool law gives you three options and the 3rd option that I chose, is everybody's favorite it seems like. There are no district distractions, no standardized testing from the district we live in. Cayce and I had a long talk on Wednesday after he got home from work. We talked more about homeschooling and what extracurricular activities WE wanted to put the girls in now until they are old enough to choose what they want to do. I would like to get Sammy started in soccer and/or softball or cheerleading or gymnastics/dance. I know I want her to have singing lessons when she gets older, because she loves to sing now. Cayce wants to teach the girls how to draw and drive, and I'll teach them to cook, and journalism skills.

Yesterday, we went grocery shopping before Cayce headed to work, and it was soooo hot outside. All of our freezer food that we got was sweating by the time we got it in the house. I still have to get a big bag of grilled chicken strips and tomatoes for Samantha's party.The menu is going to be simple and healthy. We are having a Honey Mustard Chicken Salad, with strawberry cake and strawberry shortcake icing, and water. With the weather being so hot now, I don't know how it is going to be next Saturday, so light menu it is.

We had a horrible storm last night, hence why it was TOO DANG HOT OUTSIDE. And they are calling for more rain today. It's too muddy and nasty to take the girls outside to play, so it's tea party time. Gonna go make some tea and probably some brownies to have after lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...