On Friday morning at 3:30, my grandmother, who had an aggressive form of cancer all over her body, died. It was really tough. The day I found out that she was in the hospital with cancer, I thought of her earlier that morning and thought to myself that we weren't that close and she always favored my younger cousin Ricky.
I planned on visiting her that week until Cayce crashed the car. Last week, I couldn't fit a day in to go take the kids to visit her because of Cayce's work. It hurt me badly that the kids and I didn't get to say goodbye to her and she never got to meet Adalyn.
Her viewing was on Saturday. I left the kids with my mom and I rode with my dad to the funeral home. When we got there, I found out that they moved my great grandma to hospice on Thursday night. I don't know how much more my family can take. It was nice to have the pastor that is close to Cayce and I officiate my grandmother's funeral.
On Sunday, that morning, I was doing everything I could to keep from thinking about the funeral. When we put the girls down for naps, I jumped in the shower and started getting ready. We dropped the kids back off at my mom's and my daddy drove Cayce and I back to the funeral home. It was a short service. We didn't follow the hearse to the cemetery which was in Swansea. The cemetery service wasn't that long and my pop busted out crying and I hate when I see a grown man cry.
I love and miss you grandma. The girls love and miss you too. Cayce loves and misses you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...


No comments:
Post a Comment