Sunday, August 2, 2015

Sammy's Fishing Trip

Yesterday, Samantha went on a fishing trip with my dad. My dad is an avid fisherman and he goes every chance he gets. That's one thing we always did during my childhood. If we weren't fishing in Lake Murray or in Santee, we were up on top of houses roofing. My dad has been a roofer his entire life and that has finally stopped when he fell of a roof 3 years ago and had to have a major surgery on his foot.

Anyways, he took Sammy fishing for the second time in her life. She loved it.

He picked her up on Friday afternoon, because my dad leaves early in the morning when it's still dark to get to his spots. Things never change.

He got one pic of her before they started getting bites and had to work at reeling all their poles. When my dad fishes, he put out 4-5 poles at a time. He's an expert, let's just say that.

Samantha loves fishing. She loves the boat which my dad named Noah. I call that my boat, and my brother and I fight all that time over who is going to get it in the future. I got this little person to help sway decision making...lol. But hopefully, we wont have to decide for a long time.

In the early afternoon, they headed home. My dad doesn't stay as long as he used to because the heat bothers him and one thing that happened to me when I was little was that I almost had a heat stroke. After that, when ever it got too hot, we would go home, fish or no fish. Our health came first and sure enough, right when Samantha told her papa that she was hot, he headed back to the dock!

Now, my dad taught me how to skin and clean the fish right when he started taking me fishing. You want to eat it, you clean it. Sure enough, he is passing this stuff down to my kids.

Sammy's catch.

Her first catch of the day was the catfish. She reeled it in and brought it in the boat all by herself. My dad said it reminded him of me. Because I would do all of it. I would bait my hook, cast my line, wait, wait, reel in my fish and bring it into the boat and then let my dad take over. I would not touch the fish at all until cleaning time.

holding up a catfish fillet

scaling the fish

happy kid

"it's gross and fun"

Overall, my little person had a fun time and she can't wait to go back after her birthday. She wants a water themed birthday, but we will get to that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...