Thursday, November 5, 2015

Allegiant Review

I finished this book on October 16th and wrote my review for Goodreads on the same day.

**Goodreads Review**

This one was my favorite of the whole series. I loved the action and defiance. I loved the different point of views switching between Tris and Tobias. The one thing I didn't like was the length of the chapters. Near the end when one page was one chapter and the next page was a new one, I don't like that kind of thing because it makes me feel like the author was half-assing and rushing through their work.

Everytime I would read a Tobias chapter, I would tense up because I felt like with him, you never know what is going to happen, but everytime I got to a Tris chapter, I was thinking to myself, that if she cries again in this chapter, I am going to throw this damn book out the window, no matter how good it is. I seriously could not put it down, and if I did throw it, I would be picking it back up a minute later.

Everyone that I have talked to about this book said that I would be crying when Tris got killed. I thought it was going to be a horrendous death or something happen like she would get blown up, but she only got shot. That kind of disappointed me because she wasn't given a fantastic death. She only died from being shot by a guy who eventually never remembered doing it, so she died doing something right, but wasn't given enough credit for it.

In the media and all these award shows, the character is portrayed as a bad ass heroin when she is really not. She is just this girl who dies doing the opposite of what her enemies were going to do. The bureau wanted to erase memories of everyone in the city, but Tris didn't want her family in friends in the city to forget about the people who abandoned them, instead she did the very thing she was against to her enemy.

Again, this book was my favorite, but this series to me was a MAJOR disappointment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason this review is being posted 3 weeks after I have read it, is because my blog post calendar is full and this was the first available day. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it. If you want to talk or discuss, comment me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...