Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The Clock Struck One review

I received this book for an honest review. It is a novella, so it was short. I usually stay away from novellas. I finished this last Sunday and I posted my review on Goodreads. I will post it on here as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Goodreads Review

Another novella checked off my list. Thank you Helen Deakin for the free copy. Now to start my review, when I first started reading this, I was completely not into it. I thought about ending it after the first 2 chapters because I wasn't impressed. The writing style is what I considered teenager style. I pushed through and started to like it. When it got to where she was walking from town in the middle of the night and the old woman, that scared me, along with when she was in the bath tub. I was reading it around my kids bedtime and I had to stop and keep my kids up later than usual because I was creeped out.

The ending was not my favorite. I wish there was more on the guy Josh and how Sarah-Tamara got into the situation. Who was the old lady? Usually this is the reason I don't read novella's because there are always questions after. It has an amazing creep factor!!! At the end where the author note is, I read where she had written it in her teenage years and it made a lot of sense to the writing style. The dialect threw me off and it was one of the reason I was cringing at it in the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...