It's time for another review on a Laurell K. Hamilton novel. This book was short and a quick read for me. I read it in a day because I had to return it to the library the next day.. I was busy the whole two weeks I had it.
I gave this a 4 out of 5 stars on Goodreads. It didn't get the 5th star because this cover does not make any sense. No where in the story does it mention a razor blade. Overall, the plot was amazing. It goes back to Anita's day job as a zombie animator. She is talking to this rich guy who wants his dead wife brought "back to life". He has heard stories of how Anita's can make her corpses look like they are still alive, and he wants to take her back home and keep her. He doesn't understand that she will start rotting and he keeps trying to throw money at Anita, but she doesn't budge. He meets her sweeties before going to lunch and talks about his wife going to Guilty Pleasures and loving Nathaniel and Jason.
Anita gets another "bad" client who wants her husband raised so she can punish him for cheating and not giving her children, when he went and had children with another woman. Anita refuses the job and once again, money is just being thrown into her face. Anita heads back to the restaurant where she had lunch with the boys and flirts with the waiter. There she meets a powerful and bad shape shifter. He is a lion who has no territory. She learns that he and his goons have been hired to kidnap her.
The story gets really good at the end, so I am not going to spoil it in this review. If you want to know what happens... go read it and then come back and talk to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment