Monday: The day started off with my desktop and laptop wanting to update files at the same time and that through me off track. But, I got to postpone my update on the laptop at the last minute and I ended up finding a youtube video on Ancient Egypt.
The speakers on the laptop suck, so I had to plug in my little Pringle speaker and I didn't have a cup to put that in, but it was better. Before the video, they did quiet time. It was necessary for me because I was losing my shit about the computers updating. **Note to self: Schedule update for computers on weekends**
Tuesday: We did more stuff on Ancient Egypt. They got to color their own sarcophagus' and make their own cartouche.
After they did that, we went to science and completed our first lesson by writing vocab words.
Wednesday: They watched another video of King Tut and then did separate work for the rest of the day.
After the video, Ariana started her reading eggs while Samantha went and colored in her adult coloring book again with Cayce. She loves it and loves that she gets to match colors on both sides.
This picture right here makes me so proud of her because how many 7 year olds have this sort of patience to color something like this. AMAZING!
Thursday: We started the day off with Ariana doing her quiet time first and Samantha working on her Easy Peasy. She was so far behind on that and we caught up a few days.
Then they switched and Ariana worked on her Easy Peasy. She wasn't far behind but a couple days and she is caught up to 2 days behind schedule, and she is loving her Jolly Robin story.
They ended the day with working on their new history lesson. I decided to do a community lesson for the next one so they can learn more about their hometown and our neighborhood.
Below they had to draw maps of our neighborhood. Sammy did good and Ariana drew a picture of our house from the road. She did a streetview...lol.
Friday: Today is when our attitude level spiked. I don't know why we were so wound up, but we all had a not bad but not great day either. They started with quiet time because my nerves were shot. Cayce is getting a new job and he learned that today during his shift at Target and I was anxiously waiting for that phone call to say yes I got it.
So, Samatha started her day off with quiet time while Ariana worked on reading eggs and then they switched. When Samantha started her reading eggs and was not doing such a great job like she always does, we both lost our tempers and we got loud with each other. That hasn't happened in a while, and it sucked.
So, I made the decision to have a movie day again and watch The Mummy. Yea, yea I know that it's not age appropriate and I didn't care. To keep them from getting scared and to answer their questions that they did most certainly have...let me tell you, we watched it in my room.
Needless to say, they LOVED it and they are wanting to watch the sequel, which we will be doing tomorrow. They only got scared a few times but they really enjoyed it and learned about the scarabs and they kept asking when King Tut was going to come into scenes, and they were disappointed to learn that he wasn't in that movie.

























No comments:
Post a Comment