Monday, August 8, 2016

Skin Trade Review

A book where I now have a new ship in life. This is book 17 in the Anita Blake series and it was OK. I usually am all over the books that have Edward in them, but this one was just the same plot over and over.

The story starts off with a head. The head is from the body of a Las Vegas SWAT officer and it has been mailed to Anita from Vittorio, the master vampire who kills strippers and can control everybody in a hot second. We lean that she has been left a message at a crime scene in Vegas by Vittorio. She decides to go to Vegas and kill the bastard once and for all. She has been living with Jean-Claude under the circus after her trip with Jason, so it would show to the other masters, that Jean-Claude has a firm leash on his servant and this trip is going to blow all that hard work and showing off down the drain.

She gets to Vegas and is basically interrogated by the Vegas PD. They question her and ask about her sex life and throughout the whole story, she is basically having to prove herself and she is constantly saying the same thing over and over and it got old really quick. She then meets up with Edward, Olaf, and Bernardo. Here is where my new ship comes into play. Throughout the story, Edward and Anita have to pretend to be romantically involved to keep Olaf from being hounding Anita and harassing her. When Anita gets hurt, Edward is there by her side and gives her little kisses on the forehead or cheek every now and then and I now ship ANITA AND EDWARD. I know nothing will ever happen between this pair, she basically pushed him off the list if she needed to have an emergency feeding of the ardeur.

Anita also meets Max's wife, Bibi Chang who is head of the local white tiger clan and tries to mind fuck her into screwing the her powerful weretigers to make them even more powerful. Her son basically stops her and we get to find out that Anita gains two new tigers to call. A black tiger and a blue tiger.

The ending was very eventful and I got kind of creeped out by Truth the vampire because he was acting suspicious after feeding the arduer. This was a chunky book, but the chapters were short, which was alright. I really want something to happen between Anita and Edward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...