Thursday, August 11, 2016

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Review ***SPOILERS***

WARNING: If you have not yet read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.... I suggest you go do so now and then come back to this review.

I got this book a day after it was released. Cayce bought it from Target and it came with a poster of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts. I was grinning ear to ear. If I wasn't already reading a different book that night, I would have sat my little happy ass down and read this book without stopping.

This story starts off where Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows stopped in the epilogue. Yes, it picks right up where it left off with Albus Severus Potter going to his first year at Hogwarts. He is going with his cousin Rose Granger Weasley. On the train, they meet Scorpius Malfoy who is outcasted and hated right away. I love Scorpius. He is my favorite character and so shy and awkward. He and Albus become best friends. Albus also gets sorted into Slytherin while his older brother and little sister are sorted into Gryffindor. He starts having an attitude problem towards Harry and they say words they don't mean.

But this story is not what you think it might be about. Scorpius is surrounded by rumors that he is not a true Malfoy and that he is Voldemort's son. WHHHAAATTT!!!!! Holy shit. This ties into the time turner disaster. During one of Albus' school breaks, Mr Diggory.... Cedric Diggory's father is still bitter about Harry being alive and Cedric dying during the triwizard tournamnt. Albus gets it in his head that he will go back in time with Scorpius and save Cedric Diggory's life.

This story is so crazy and good, I am going to stop because I have said enough. I loved how Professor Snape was back and fighting against Dolores Umbridge who was headmaster at Hogwarts and who was celebrating VOLDEMORT DAY! She was so against that he didn't return, that she is now celebrating him being in charge of the wizarding world. Dumbledore talks to Harry through paintings.

The one part that brought me to tears was where Harry went back in time to 1981 and basically couldn't interfere and had to stand aside and hear his parents pleading for his life and being murdered. I was not wanting that part in the book because it was so heartless and emotional.

I really want to go see the play in London. Hopefully, whenever I am able to go.. they will still be doing the show or it come to the states or become another movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...