Monday, September 12, 2016

The Man in the High Castle

I had to read this book when I watched the first episode of the Amazon series. I had never heard of this book until I first heard about the show and I am always fascinated with WW2 and Nazi Germany and the Japanese facts. I have been obsessed with learning all about it since we first learned about it in 5th grade. I had never heard of this book until last year.

So as I was saying, I watched the pilot that was free on Amazon and I shouldn't have done that. When I first started reading this book, I was instantly comparing it to the one episode I had watched. Since finishing this book, I am starting to watch the rest of season 1 before season 2 releases later this year and I have to say that I like the show better than this book. It was confusing to me and the jumping around point of views. I couldn't tell if Mr. Baynes was actually someone else. The Marshall from the show is nowhere in this story. Frank gets arrested near the end of the book and it doesn't mention his family getting gassed by the Kempenai.

Basically, this book is about the united states being run by the Nazi's and the Japanese with a neutral zone between them. The character names are the same, but I wished they would have kept to the book order in some way and not skipped around. The book mentions slavery is legal once again but it briefly mentions them and that they should always be there to help the Japanese or the Americans at the drop of a hat.

This tie in edition gives a misinterpretation to the actual novel because no where in this story is Julianna ACTUALLY IN San Francisco. She starts off and eventually goes back to San Francisco in the show. I wish they kept the book the same in the show, but the film reel and the forbidden bibles were a nice change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...