Friday, September 16, 2016

School Week 5 Photo Diary

I can't believe that we are already through our 5th week of the school year. We have been doing school for a month yesterday and it is going by so quickly. The girls are loving it. They are telling me stuff that they want to learn about, and I will choose one day from the week to focus on that topic the whole day, if it doesn't fit that weeks lessons I have planned or if we have those lessons later on in the year. They want to learn about crocodiles and alligators, so we will be doing that on Monday next week.

Monday: We started the day off with watching a movie..... I know, I know. I went against my own rules, but the girls were still on that science high that we did last week and they wanted to look at other scientific stuff. I had them draw pictures after the movie and they want to make their own memory scanners and time machines... I say go ahead darlings.



The rest of the day was spent more on science. It turned into a full on science day. They watched Sid the Science Kid and learned more about science tools and observation.

Tuesday: Today was a language arts day and we spent the majority of it on the Three Billy Goats Gruff.
 After we read and discussed and watched some YouTube videos, I printed them out some play-doh mats around the three billy goats gruff and they had so much fun creating the needed objects.





To finish the day, they did quiet time and reading eggs. They are doing so great with their reading eggs and then Samantha read aloud from Mr Brown Can Moo by herself while Ariana worked on Long vowel word searches and she did amazing.

Wednesday: Day off to celebrate mine and Cayce's 9 year anniversary and now I am regretting that decision because with his new job, he couldn't take the day off and I was home doing nothing, so that was a day wasted.

Thursday: Today was a big computer and life skills day. They spent a good hour and a half at the start cleaning their rooms, putting away clothes and getting their selves ready for the day. I make them get dressed and make sure they brush hair and teeth. My kids are not going to be looking like slobs.


 They did Easy Peasy and they listened to Story time Online from the Screen Actors Guild Foundation. They listened to A Bad Case of Stripes, Stellaluna, and Guji Guji. We also ended the day with starting a new book called Mae the Panda Fairy.

Friday: Today was a late start, and not many pictures. They had their first cooking lesson of this school year. They helped cook their breakfast this morning, which was apple pie oatmeal. They did amazing and they also learned more kitchen rules.


The rest of the day, we all did quiet time together, and they did a lot of workbook pages and we finished reading Mae the Panda Fairy and they finished the day off with watching the movie Pan. It was a good one.

I am so looking forward to next week. This week was a good one. I have that feeling of wanting to make up Wednesday, even though I scheduled it as a day off when I counted my 180 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...