Thursday, October 6, 2016

Review: Kiss the Dead by Laurell K. Hamilton

Book 21 of the Anita Blake series was called Kiss the Dead and there was some amazing plot twists and new good stuff. This is not one of my favorites of the series, but I did enjoy it.
(Source: Kiss The Dead Goodreads Page)

It is action packed right in the beginning chapters of the book. Anita is trying to help rescue this 15 year old girl that has been kidnapped by a rogue group of vampires. These vampires have no blood oath to the master that created them and they want to stop the new council forming in America under Jean-Claude.

Anita takes a good look at all the vampires in the group an notices that all of them could be grandparents, soccer moms and teenagers. She has never seen anything like it and it turns out that one of the grandma's has been around for a while and she has the mind set that vampires should not have any master what so ever and that they should be free to do what they want.

These vampires are willing to die and not give up the person that created them, so Anita starts the execution process of one vampire in interrogation and it works.

Later on, Anita is heading to the Circus and she finds out a whole bunch of information about Asher and how he is still jealous and envious and angry and childish. He harms Anita by tearing her mouth all up while kissing and Jean-Claude has had enough. He announces that there is a city far away that is in need of a master and he sends Asher there to see if he likes the city. Of course, he does that and he is sending the hyenas as well, because that is Asher's animal to call.

Anita almost kills Nicky while they are having shower sex to try an feed the ardeur. Anita forgets to feed it twice in this novel and I think that is pretty careless of how she always remembers it, even at the most random times and then while in the act, she forgets.

I am so happy that Asher is now out of the picture. His temper tantrums were that of a 4 year old instead of a hundred plus year old vampire.

I am ready to read the last few books of this series. I am hoping that the next one I will like or have Edward in it. Or were lion Olaf!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...