Monday: No school today because it was Ariana's 6th birthday. As you all know, I don't do school on birthdays. We take the day to celebrate that person and have fun. We all had a good day.
Tuesday: Today I didn't take any pictures. I am starting to fall out of the habit because I am more focused on getting the girls to understand what I am talking about. They did workbooks this morning and then they started a new history unit. They are learning about the Land Bridge and Pangea. They are loving this unit as well. They love history. They also want to learn more about Egypt and we are past that.
Wednesday: Today was an early stressful day because Cayce and Adalyn got into a wreck on the way to Addy's speech appointment. I was worried and angry and everything. I had to get my uncle to go pick up Addy and bring her back home because where the wreck happened is where a lot of traffic is in our hometown. The car and Cayce and Addy were all fine and Cayce was not at fault and no ticket. I wanted to postpone the day, but Cayce wanted me to go on as it was a normal day and then he headed to work.
Ariana doing her reading eggs while Samantha was working on a new page in her coloring book which is down below
Samantha worked on mathseeds on her Reading Eggs. Then she started having trouble and so I stopped her and put her into her reading time a few minutes before Ariana finished hers.
Everybody was tense and shook up because of the wreck and the cats were picking up on that because all three of them were like this today. Just laying around and not playing and being extra cuddly. To end the day, we watched a YouTube video on Earth's history. We will be finishing that video tomorrow.
Thursday: We started the morning off with watching Ariana's new Dora movie because they wanted to hear the Spanish and wanting to know what the words meant, so we had a Spanish lesson to start the day. We went to the library and then we went grocery shopping to get snacks for Cayce to keep at work and we had to pick up some supplies for the fun Halloween ideas I have planned for the last week of the month.
Back home and finishing the video from yesterday
They enjoyed this video and want to know more. They loved learning that the meteor destroyed the dinosaurs.
Friday: Spent the morning doing their morning routine and workbooks. They had reading time and read out loud to me and made me a happy mommy.
To end the day and our week, since the girls enjoyed learning about Pangea and the continents as they are today, we watched Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. After the movie, they had to draw their favorite scenes. Ariana's was my favorite.










No comments:
Post a Comment