Thursday, October 27, 2016

Review: The Navy SEAL's E-mail Order Bride: Cora Seton

I got through another kindle read.....YAY!!! This is genre I usually go to for fan fiction...military romance. I know some of the free books in this genre are all the same and corny and not very long, but it was a great filler book to read while I was waiting on my first review copy of a book to come in. More details on that on Sunday when I post the review for the book.

(Source: The Navy SEAL's E-mail Order Bride Goodreads Page)

The cover for this book is the generic like all other books like this one. I don't really like the font of the author's name and title. If you are going to put a hot guy on the cover, at least show his abs and not cover them.

This is the first book of the series and the series is called The Heroes if Chance Creek. This series follows a group of brothers who are in different branches of the military and they all have been ordered by their aunt to get married within a year and one has to produce an heir if they want their family's ranch back.

This book is about Mason. He is a Navy Seal and I think the oldest out of the brothers. He gets the letter from his aunt saying that since his uncle died, she is going to give them back the ranch that they grew up on, but they have to meet her conditions first.

Condition #1 is to find a wife in a year.
Condition #2 is that one of the brothers must have a child.
Condition #3 is to have the cattle operation up and running.

If the brothers don't meet those requirements, then the ranch will be handed down the their cousin. Mason then puts out a Wife Wanted ad for him and his brothers. Here enters Regan, a woman who has quit her job to start her own business, swearing off men, and to get pregnant by artificial insemination. She jokingly applies to the wife wanted ad and she starts a conversation with Mason. They of course have the connection, and she fights it because she doesn't want to ruin her plans.

This is a very fast paced read, and the chapters are short. There are some parts in this story that are not believable and don't quite make sense. I don't know if I am going to read the rest of this series because I know it will follow the same plot and it's not worth the little bit of chunk change for the Kindle download.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...