Friday, October 28, 2016

School Week 11 Photo Diary

Eleven weeks down and how ever many more to go. It was a productive week and we ended off on a fun note. I didn't take many pictures this week and maybe that contributed to how productive we were.

Monday: We spent a good hour on our morning routine doing chores. We also started reading a new book called Runaway Ralph. They loved the first chapter and they drew their favorite parts.
After we got through reading, we started learning about nature studies and nature detectives. Our trail hasn't been cleaned off and we have neglected it since Cayce started his new job, so we couldn't go walk our trail. So, we watched an Australia nature walk, and it was neat.

We ended the day with watching Bill Nye and Forests.

Tuesday: Today we had a late start to the day. There is only one picture. We did our morning routine and then we watched The Jungle Book, and we discussed it.
Then they had their reading time and then I read out loud. I read another animal fairy book and Chapter 2 of Runaway Ralph.

Wednesday: Samantha got her coloring book done first today and while she was doing that, Ariana worked on her Easy Peasy copywork. Then Samantha worked on copywork, while Ariana did some computer work from Easy Peasy.

Samantha did workbook pages. It was a busy morning. then reading time where they read to each other and it was so cute. I read them chapter 3 of Runaway Ralph and to end the day, we watched more Bill Nye talk about the seasons.

Thursday: Spent the beginning of the morning doing spelling words.




After they worked on spelling words for a while, they wanted to watch Sid the Science Kid. They watched 3 episodes of that and then they wanted to read together again.

President Snow wanted to be involved. He loves being around them when they read.
We watched more nature detective videos on YouTube and we finished the day with Runaway Ralph.

Friday: I had them do separate reading times this morning. Samantha went first while Ariana worked on reading eggs.

After an hour, they switched. Ariana did some reading on her own and Samantha worked on her math seeds and did an amazing job. She got through 3 lessons of math.
Then I had them do copy work and more spelling worksheets. They had to alphabetize their spelling words.

And then we finished our day with my favorite part of our school year and that is carving pumpkins. All three got their own pumpkins this year and they had so much fun and got messy.



It was a good week and I am happy to have this done, so I can spend the weekend with Cayce and have a relaxing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...