Monday, September 11, 2017

School Week 4 Photos

Sorry that this post is late. I am busy getting ready for the weekend. The girls are off to my parent's for the weekend so Cayce and I can celebrate our 10 year anniversary coming up on next Thursday. There were not a lot of pictures this week. I was more focused on helping them with their work and totally forgot about snapping pics.

Monday: Cayce had the day off from work and I had the girls do school. He talked to them about working and all that and then we watched a couple YouTube videos on some facts about Labor Day and the history behind it. Samantha and Ariana also had a writing assignment while Addy worked on her handwriting.

Tuesday: Today was an early start day. Sammy started with her Easy Peasy for an hour and a half. Then she worked on spelling sheets while Ariana worked on her Easy Peasy lessons and Addy started her day with Leapfrog on Netflix.
Sammy working on her typing

Addy doing her Easy Peasy lessons after watching Leapfrog

reading time together

After Sammy and Airy's reading time, I had all three of them watch the first three episodes of the Magic School Bus. Then I had them choose an episode topic that they wanted to learn more about and that was the solar system. I went and found some activities and lesson plans and here are some of the new spelling words that they will be learning.


This is how we ended the day and Addy ended hers with coloring a page of the Earth and Sun and she did very well. 

Wednesday: Addy doesn't have her speech lessons anymore and today we had a late start. So we started our day with watching more Planet Earth and discussing it. After, they did their morning work and Sammy and Airy spent most of the day doing their own free write. They love making their own stories and drawing pictures to go along with them. It is helping them learn how to read and spell amazingly.


Today we had read aloud time and re-read Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day.

Thursday: It was another early morning start to the day. Sammy started at 7:55AM after her breakfast. She had to catch up on 2 days worth of Easy Peasy work.

Then it was Airy's turn and while that was going on, Sammy was putting our "space" words into ABC order and writing them in sentences.

Addy did some letters in her Leapfrog workbook and then she watched some episodes of Little Einsteins. That show is getting her to sing along by herself.She won't do that with anyone. She has that shy quality like I had.

Airy doing her workbook.

Ended the day with history and Addy watching some Mickey Mouse kindergarten videos

Friday: I didn't take many pictures today. We basically watched a couple shows and read today. They started the day off with Planet Earth again. We read some more of The Cricket in Times Square and re-read Alexander one more time before watching the movie adaptation.

It was an OK week, but I want to get back to our week 1 work ethic and routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...