Tuesday, September 19, 2017

School Week 5 Photos

This post is finally done. I ran out of time every night that I went to work on it or I was just too tired. It was also a really stressful week because of the weather and doctor's appointments. Addy is now a day behind officially in her days. As I am writing this bit, she has done 25 days of school so far and Sammy and Airy are at 26. Addy had a mid day eye appointment and to not miss work or the eye appointment, Cayce took her to work and was basically the biggest distraction for everyone...lol. The bosses, supervisors and my dad along with Cayce didn't get much done at work.

Monday: No School. September 11th and Hurricane Irma

Tuesday: We had a better day weather wise but the roads and trees are really bad. The kids had a dentist appointment this morning, and every time they go to our dentist, they get a mini tour and get to look at all the equipment. I always count this at school time because they talk about everything for the rest of the day. When they got home, they ate and then they finished the rest of their school day. I had Samantha and Ariana do a freewrite while I worked on Easy Peasy with Addy.

The best side shot

learning about the letter C

mid blink


We finished the day with watching a documentary on Earth's orbit on Netflix and I really enjoyed it and the girls were more into it than any other documentary.

Wednesday: No pictures today. I was missing my Addy and also focused on getting Samantha and Ariana through as much as possible. They did start the morning with finishing the documentary from yesterday. We finished reading The Cricket in Times Square and we discussed it. Ariana then read for an hour while Samantha worked on Easy Peasy and then they switched to end their days. Samantha is getting better at reading.

Thursday: Early morning start to start the day. Sammy started with catching up on Easy Peasy. She has gotten so far behind on it but it's alright. Ariana is also behind on her days but they take their time with their work. They are also enjoying their lessons more and sometimes are doing more than one game or set of math questions. Today is also my 10 year anniversary with Cayce. Since I started homeschooling, I always took this day off, but this year, Cayce could not take off work and I just went ahead and made it a school day. Addy got sick this morning and she started her day with Leapfrog.


The next two pictures were taken for a BzzAgent mission for the new BIC Velocity mechanical pencils. In these pictures, they are using them to write down their Solar System vocab words and copy work.
Solar System Vocab

Poem copy work

While Sammy and Airy were doing their own work, Addy was working on her Easy Peasy lessons. She is still on track with her Easy Peasy. Then she watched some months of the year and days of the week YouTube videos.


We finished the day with a new book. We started reading Secrets According To Humphrey. This is their favorite book in the series so far because it focuses on Ancient Egypt and King Tut and Pharaohs.

Friday: The previous night was horrible for Cayce and I, and I just needed some time to myself and they had a "normal" start time to the day. I was just upset and broken hearted all day. The girls started their day with two episodes of Planet Earth. Then after, we watched Magic School Bus. We did have lengthy discussions after each episode of both shows that we watched.  After Magic School Bus, I read a couple more chapters of Secrets According To Humphrey. Then Adalyn worked on some Easy Peasy lessons and Samantha and Ariana had reading time to work on reading skills.



This week (week 6 as I am writing) is going to be a long one and will be posted late, because on Saturday, we are going to the museum and that is going to be Addy's make up day for Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...