Monday: We started our day with an hour apart. I always start Samantha first on these days, and then Ariana and then Adalyn. They worked on Easy Peasy, and had some reading time.
Addy doing her Easy Peasy lessons
She is on the letter D this week. She had to make the annual D is for Daddy picture.
Coloring her own "D" words book
working on spelling pages
Tuesday: Today we had a different start to the day. I had Ariana and Sammy start together early. I had Ariana do her Easy Peasy lessons first while Samantha read aloud to me and then after an hour, they switched.
working on poetry copywork
Easy Peasy math lessons.
I had Addy start her day with watching Super Why. I figured it would be another good show for her to get into, and I was right.
Addy using three letter word flashcards.
Wednesday: I didn't take many pictures today. We had a little sleep in this morning and started around 10am. They requested a science day, so we watched more Planet Earth and had very lengthy discussions of the episodes we watched after. One telling sign about my girls is that when they really enjoy something they watch, they always pretend and act out what they learned for Cayce when he gets home from work and they tell him everything in detail. This was one of those days. We ended our day with reading the books below.
Thursday: We all started together this morning and it went better than I expected. I should just stick with this schedule. I have had 3 different schedules so far this year and I revert back to which ever one suits my mood.
Sammy working on Easy Peasy.
Addy watching more Super Why.
Ariana working on Vocab words
handwriting practice.
We ended the day with reading Astrotwins.Friday: We had a very late start to the day. We had a late family night and we had another sleep in/ late breakfast. We finished our Solar System unit with a Netflix documentary called Secrets of The Solar System. Then we watched Bill Nye where the girls chose their next science unit study.... FOOD CHAINS. We ended our day with reading together cuddled on the bed with Luna.
Saturday: We visited the South Carolina State Museum for Smithsonian Museum Day Live. We could visit anytime, but this seemed like the perfect day to do so. I used to take field trips here in Elementary school. Addy loved the shark section and they all loved the fossils and interactive stations. The space part wasn't that exciting and Airy wasn't that thrilled with it.
looking at fossils
Needless to say, it was a great school week. We finished up two units and have picked out what we will be focusing on and learning about next. We have entered a new season which means absolutely nothing in South Carolina because the temps are still in the 90's.


















No comments:
Post a Comment