Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer
I have finally started The Lunar Chronicles. After having the first two books since May of last year, I had to start reading them. Also another reason was Cayce kept asking me when I was going to start them since he got me the first two for Mother's Day.
It took me a while to get into this book. I have never been a huge fan of fairy tales. Growing up, I watched a lot of Disney movies, but I never watched the Princess ones that much. I liked the Pixar ones better than the cartoons. When my kids were born, we got them into Disney and I made sure to include the princesses.
Now to say this, It had some Cinderella qualities and that's it. While I was reading it, I was ok. But then when I put it down, I did not pick it back up for days. I had to schedule a day to myself to just sit and read it or I would not have made time for it. The only character I liked was Iko.
I found that Marissa Meyer constantly repeated descriptions of how the character was acting or feeling. The constant pulling up of the glove, or the clenching the fists and my nails making half moons into my skin. I read those two sentences more than 3-4 times on different pages. We get it, that's their ticks, but build these characters and don't keep them at the same mindset or half moons in skin or pulling your glove.
I am ok with this first book. I also read three of the stories from Stars Above. I will be posting the reading order that I am following and then I will be posting a review of Stars Above after I finish Winter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment