Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Words

 


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl

When I was a freshman in high school, I started this thing where I gave myself a word of the day for all 180 days of school. I would write it on the back of my hand so I could see it all day. It pissed my parents off for a week or two and then they got over it. My teachers noticed and said it was a great idea. 

This week's topic definitely took me down memory lane. So here are ten of my favorite words.

  1. golly
  2. whippersnapper
  3. mother-flurkin (Marvel)
  4. whizzpopper (the BFG, Roald Dahl)
  5. puttanesca
  6. dude
  7. wabam (best friend came up with this word in school, code for talking about sex...lol)
  8. why
  9. majestic
  10. dynasty

10 comments:

  1. A great list! I love whippersnapper!

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/10/18/top-ten-tuesday-favourite-words/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, so many great words! Whizzpopper, mother-flurkin 😂, whippersnapper... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you the clever student?! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whippersnapper is a fabulous word, wish I'd thought of it for my list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/10/18/top-ten-tuesday-390/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to pass the time. I’m impressed you did it for a full school year, too.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-words/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whippersnapper has to be one of my favorite words of all time! It's so much fun to say.

    Pam@ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/10-recent-additions-to-my-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so fun! I haven't heard the word whippersnapper in a long time 😂

    My TTT: https://bookbabenails.wordpress.com/2022/10/18/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-words/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! Whippersnapper is a such a great word!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha! I love that you included mother-flurkin. LOL. I think my husband would prefer me to use flurkin over the other. LOL.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...