Yesterday, Adalyn turned 7 months old. here has the time gone. It still feels like I'm loopy from all the drugs and hearing that my baby girl was fighting for her life. Her left lung collapsed and then her right lung collapsed and they had to put in a chest tube, put her back on CPAP, IV, and multiple x-rays. She was born at 11:43 pm on Monday, February 6. 30 minutes after she was born, i only got to hold her for 5 seconds before they took her out of my arms and rushed her to the NICU. I was discharged from the hospital on Wednesday, February 8th and it was the hardest thing. I cried the whole way home, and when Cayce's grandmother brought Samantha and Ariana home, I held on tight and cried. On Saturday, February 11, I finally got to hold her. She was so tiny, and had her feeding tube.

She knew who I was. Before I got to hold her, she was crying and I got her in my arms, she looked at me and she became so calm and a few seconds later, she fell asleep. i only got to hold her for 30 minutes because the doctors didn't want to keep her from under her billy light.
This picture was taken a few weeks ago, but she is doing very well. She is trying to sit up in her bouncy and she learned how to get on her knees while on her tummy. Her doctor is so proud of her and doing great for a premature baby.
No teeth yet, but drooling is her specialty...lol
No comments:
Post a Comment