Sunday, September 16, 2012

Prep. Curriculum: Week 5

This week was all about lighthouses. I was kind of in a funk this week, since it was Cayce's vacay. I really wanted to take her to the beach for our anniversary and show her a real lighthouse, but plans changed. Anyways, she had a great week and built a lighthouse out of blocks and Adalyn kept knocking them over. I'm thinking about getting Ariana and Adalyn more involved in Samantha's schooling because she paid more attention and enjoyed showing her sisters what she was learning.
Her vocabulary word was beacon. Everytime she said it, it sounded like bacon....lol.

This was the day she built the lighthouse out of blocks and Addy kept hitting them. Even Cayce got involved with building and then took a toy boat that we had bought the weekend before and crashed it into the blocks, which Samantha found hilarious. We read two books and that was it for Monday.


On Tuesday, she learned the shape of a octagon. She has a hard time saying octagon.We took her down to the stop sign at the end of the road, and she was excited. There wasn't many things we could do with that shape.


On Wednesday, we did the letter E. She was pointing out E's all over the house.

On Thursday, we did the number 5. She loved it because we got to make cookies. The "5" cookies are at the top of the pizza pan. They didn't turn out that great but Sammy loved them.

Tomorrow we start rainbows. Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...