(Source: Romeo & What's Her Name Goodreads Page )
I wasn't going to read this book at first because it was a contemporary and I am not that much a fan for contemporary novels. Well, a couple days later after I skipped past it the first time, I got an email to vote for the cover. This is not the cover I voted for, but since I voted, I thought why the hell not. This novel was LOL funny.
It's about a high schooler named Emily who volunteers to be her school plays understudy. She doesn't really want the job, but she does it to be closer to her crush.. the guy who is playing Romeo. The chick who is playing Juliet is a major bitch and one of those girls that I wanted to punch in the face in high school. She is a drama queen and always faking illnesses for attention.. well, this time she really does get sick and has to be hospitalized.
Emily ends up becoming Juliet a day before the play and she doesn't know the lines. So the night of the play, she ends up butchering everything and coming up with hilarious lines that her classmates end up saying to her every time she is near.
Eventually, she gets closer to Wes and at the end Juliet gets her Romeo. This story had the right amount of comedy and sadness and cringe worthy moments. The only thing I don't like about it, is the cover because it does not do it justice.

No comments:
Post a Comment