A few months ago, we saw a deal on leg quarters and bought close to 40 pounds. We have been eating a lot of leg quarters. We have been experimenting a lot. At the beginning of April, Cayce made this recipe but he didn't shred the chicken and it was damn good.
To start we boiled the leg quarters until it was done. I am picky with my chicken. I am always cautious. After it was cooked, Cayce shredded it this time, which turns out I didn't like as well as I did when we kept it on the bone. We also changed ingredients this time around. We substituted onions with green onions from our garden.
gorgeous and vibrant green onions
mixing the onions in with the shredded chicken
Sammy had to watch.
Once Cayce was done seasoning the chicken, I mixed together the sauce that would be coating the chicken. The first time we made this, we used Cream of Mushroom & Cream of Chicken and onion soup mix with water. This time, we didn't have Cream of Chicken.
I have always loved this mixture on any type of meat since I made slow cooked pork cube steaks for my birthday one year. It will make your tongue slap your brain!!!! I swear it.
The sauce looks disgusting, but it is damn DELICIOUS!
Once I poured the sauce over the chicken and coated, it was time to put it in the oven. Since the chicken was already cooked, we put the oven on 350F, and put the chicken in for 25 minutes to warm it through. We ate this by itself with some bread.
#Yummy
For May's I will be making a Mexican dish. We will be making it for school, so it will be mentioned in this week's school post but the May favorite post will be up next month.








No comments:
Post a Comment