This morning around 7:30, Cayce and I woke up to a text message from his aunt, saying that his grandfather has stage 4 brain cancer and that he will be in the hospital for the next 4 months. It hit Cayce so hard and I haven't seen him cry in months. He also learned that his aunt has stage 4 cancer in her kidney, small intestines, lungs, and it's in her bloodstream. It brought back so many memories for me because when I was 14, I lost my grandpa to lung cancer a few months after they found it. It's also really hard to deal with because my great grandmother is have heart problems and my great aunt had a stint put in the other day because she had a 99% blockage.
It changed our whole day. Cayce went and spent some time with his aunt and grandpa and I stayed home with the girls because they wouldnt understand what their great grandpa is going through at the hospital.
I wish that the girls got to spend some more time with him, and wish that they met my grandpa.
But on a better note today, we got the front yard cleared. Most of the roots and trees have been knocked down and we got a bigger hole dug in the backyard, so we can start burning the debris.
I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow, and that we don't get anymore bad news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...
No comments:
Post a Comment