Thursday, March 14, 2013

Widow's Surgery

When I woke up this morning, I was exhausted, but happy because I knew that I wouldn't have to worry about my fur babies becoming mamas. When Cayce grabbed Widow's carrier this morning, she was so scared. She peed all over herself. So, Cayce had to clean her up.

Around 11:30 this morning, we get the call that Widow is out of surgery, and that we would an to pay an additional 15 dollars. That's when we found out that she was 3-5 weeks pregnant with 4 kittens. My heart was broken, and I started crying. Then I knew that's why she was so hysterical last night and scared this morning. By the time Cayce got her back home, all she did was root around and sleep.

I immediately started looking for information on what happens to the unborn kittens during and after a spay surgery. I started crying even more. I wish I would have known that she was pregnant. I would have rescheduled her surgery and found homes for her babies. But there is nothing I can do now except tell myself that it wasn't an act of animal cruelty because I didn't have a clue.

Cayce didn't get any pictures of her this morning. I will have to take some new ones of her after she recovers. I'm hoping that my fur baby is not going through a heart break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...