Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Divergent Review

I finished Divergent last Tuesday and wrote this review on Goodreads. I will be linking my Goodreads account soon. The book was fantastic.

*Goodreads Review"

**I enjoyed this book. I was kind of disappointed at first because it was slow to me, but then it picked up and I was hooked. Before I read the book and saw the movies, I saw it as a a copy of The Hunger Games, but now I change my stance and it's a great book. The only thing I didn't like was how whiny Tris was. I swear that when I read where she was crying again, my eyes rolled so far in the back of my head. She basically cries throughout the whole book, but then when Tris and Four get fluffy, I was excited.... like finally, this slow burn has got to go.

I usually read the books before I see the movies because then I compare and drive my husband crazy, but he was determined this time to change that and I watched the movie before and I pictured the actors to the characters and it made the book so much better, but then I started saying that didn't happen in the movie.... "dope".

I wanted to kill Jeanine and Peter. They were such assholes that I couldn't think straight and thought about throwing my book a time or two out the door. One character that I hope there is more of is Marlene. I am biased towards that character because that is my mom's name. Anyways I cannot wait to start the second book either tonight or tomorrow. I will be watching the movie again tonight when my hubby gets off work.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...