Friday, September 25, 2015

School Week 6 Recap

Six weeks down..... can you believe it???? It is flying by and I want it to slow down a little. We had a good week. Every week has been good so far. We haven't had a total disaster of a week yet and I don't want one for a while.

Monday: We started off the day with a craft. Last Friday, I took down the Valentine's heart chain that we had made and hung up last year. It was starting to fall down and I wanted to do something new. So, in honor of Halloween coming up, we made a black and orange paper chain.
I hate that Airy closed her eyes, but OMG, look at that child's lashes. 


I didn't intend for it to be this long


It stretches from one side of the room to the other. I thought we were going to run out of room.
Then we read our quiet and puzzle time followed by reading some library books. Just like I thought, the girls favorite book was Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.

We then ended the day by doing some fall worksheet. We didn't do any computer work today and it was welcome.


Tuesday: We started school 40 minutes later than we usually do because I overslept and didn't want to get up at all. So we spent the majority of the day watching the Your Baby Can Read DVD's. Samantha was recognizing words and pointing them out and Airy was singing along with the songs and doing some of the dances. We then did our morning work, quiet time and puzzle time.

President Snow decided to join the fun.


doing quiet time

being sneaky

Wednesday: We started the day with morning work and then went straight to computer work. The girls wanted to work on the computer, so that's what they did.


After computer work, the girls did more fall worksheets and quiet time.
President Snow decided to accompany Sammy while she was reading and stayed their the whole hour.


Then of course, they had to work on this puzzle. I can not wait for this damn thing to be out of my room.

Thursday: We had a normal school day. Morning work, quiet and puzzle time. Then more fall worksheets and computer work. The girls are loving this Little House curriculum that we are using this year.
The only thing different about quiet time this morning is that I decided to read my book with them. I was reading Insurgent. 

The puzzle is almost done. Went so much faster with two.


working on finishing her math

Airy learning how to type.

She loved doing this. I will have to find this website again and see what other activities they have.

Friday: The girls started the morning off playing with ABC magnets and clothespin animals. Then we stopped for brunch. Samantha helped me cook while Ariana played with Addy.

After brunch, we did our morning work and then they got to play with dominoes. Ariana loved it, like I knew she would. 
After dominoes, they did quiet time, where Samantha read out loud some of the words for the majority of the time. She is doing so great with sounding out words, and recognizing words and rhyming, it is absolutely amazing. The they did puzzle and they are so close to being done.
To end the day and the week, they wanted to work in their workbooks, so that's what they did. They love their colorful school zone workbooks. They are just thick and got the most beautiful colors for the pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...