Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Library Haul #5

This post is really late, but better late than never. These are the books that the girls will be reading this week. I read these to the girls today, so I will also be writing about their reactions to the stories.
Here we go>>>>>>

1.  Caps For Sale
I had trouble finding this one on the library system. The copies they had were in Spanish and my Espanol is not that great. So I ended up having to get a sound copy, and thank goodness it came with the book as well. But the girls loved that the monkeys stole the caps while the guy was napping and they were copying his every move.

2. Calvin Can't Fly: The Story of a Bookworm Birdie
This was the second favorite book. I thought it was the most precious thing. A little black bird wanting to read more than learn how to fly and he ended up saving the flock at the end. Such a cute little story and the girls really liked it.

3. Go, Dog. Go!

This book was a reread for us. We have read this book with past school years and Samantha knew what was going to happen on every page and she basically told the story before I could get to the next page. it really ticked Ariana off though because she wanted to listen to the story.

4. The Carrot Seed
This was the number 1 favorite book, and might be for the rest of the week. The girls enjoyed this book so much that they wanted to draw pictures from the book, just like I get them to do after they watch movies. They did so well.

5. Autumn Weather
I did not request this book, but we ended up getting it anyways. I will not be reading it this week, but I will hold on to it for next week for when we start our Autumn unit.

So there you have it, this week's library haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...