Book review time. This is the 5th book in the Anita Blake series. It took me longer than I wanted to read this book, because that week was just hectic and so busy, that I couldn't sit down to read it, and when I did, it was a few pages at a time. Also, this isn't one of my favorite ones because it only includes Richard at the beginning and it is really Jean-Claude heavy, I still gave it a 4 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.
This book also introduces a new mystical creature. The fey or fairies. The title of the book is of a bar and grill owned by the Bouvier family, who are fey. They are in a legal battle with a company that wants a good amount of property and it is a mass graveyard. The one thing that the Bouvier are keeping a secret is, is that they are the guardian of a monster called Rawhead and Bloody Bones. It's folklore that it eats bad children and it's immortal.
The werewolves take a backseat in this novel and it's more vampire centered. All of this is taking place outside of St. Louis. While Anita is working on her job, she gets a call from Dolph and tells her that there has been a murder by vampire near her. She goes and checks it out and ultimately needs Jean-Claude's help.
They meet the master of the city Seraphina and her little minions and she causes havoc and tries to torture them and all that crap. I'm not going to give much away. Basically at the end, the construction company gets the property they want and Anita is being threatened to get sued.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment