Wednesday, March 2, 2016

February Favorite Recipe

It's time for another monthly favorite recipe. The recipe for February is a meal that Cayce created and we absolutely LOVE IT!!! I am a sucker for chicken and will eat it every chance I get. But, if I don't have chicken, I will automatically take pork chops. The pork chops that I buy every month comes from Target. They are cut perfect and not much fat and they are the perfect size and thickness... so that is what this meal is all about... PORK CHOPS. I was not home while he was cooking this meal. He took the pictures and gave me a general idea of how he prepared it.


The pack of pork chops we buy come with 10 in a pack. So Cayce cuts all 10 pieces bite sized. He seasons it with salt and pepper. This time, he used coconut oil while cooking the pork chops, and it tasted amazing. He also used a little bit of basil this time.

Just an FYI, he is always changing this recipe and it seems better every time. Once the pork chops are browned, pour some chicken stock and a can of cream of mushroom into the pan.
 Usually he chops up the onion, and adds it in with the pork chops while they are browning, but this time he added the onion along with the mushroom soup and chicken stock. I think he used a whole onion and diced and sliced it.

While this was simmering, he got the rice started. Since I was out of the house, he had to use the box of instant rice. I always cook the real rice here, so he isn't that skilled...lol. While he was getting the water started, he put in a bay leaf.

Once the rice was done, he plated up. It looked so delicious and when I got home, the aroma was mouth watering. I walked into the kitchen and sat straight down at the table without taking my jacket or shoes off.


I can not wait until he makes this again. I am getting hungry just looking at this picture. Make it, ya'll wont be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...