Friday, March 11, 2016

School Week 30 Recap

This week felt like the longest week ever. It seemed like everyday, we would do everything that we would normally do and I would have two more hours left of the day with nothing to do it seems. Ariana started her spelling unit that will continue until the end of the year. Sammy is still working with a calculator and will be working more on money and time the rest of the month.

Monday: We started the morning very late. It blew my entire day out of wack and I blame this for throwing my entire week into chaos. Morning work and quiet time was the usual and then the rest of the day was computer work. We also started using the Little House workbooks again, unfortunately the Little House website hasn't been updated and is incomplete.
they both watched this video again. 

Sammy playing an addition game


Ariana made a spring rabbit for the letter R.

Tuesday: We had a normal start time for the day. Morning work was followed my dominoes. I am also going to start Ariana on her domino math on Friday because she is doing so good with adding with pictures. Then we read library books.

After reading, they had their own little quiet time. I didn't read with them today because I was out of my zone. I wasn't focusing on much. I was stressing because today was the day that our legal battle was finally over and that we would be getting our settlement finally. No more doctor visits, no more lawyer meetings or phone calls. To end the stressful day, we watched Tinkerbell and they discussed it with me at the end and drew pictures.
Sammy doing her chore of watering the mint and basil plants.


Wednesday: With having a stressful day yesterday, today it took a toll on my health and got me really sick. I pushed on through though and we got the day done. The girls did their Dr. Seuss coloring pages that they were supposed to do last week.
doing their morning work and Addy was coloring in her Minions coloring book.


They had separate quiet times today. It helped a lot. Ariana went first while Samantha did copywork and workbooks. When they switched, Samantha read out loud during her quiet time while Ariana did more computer work. To end the day, we watched the second Tinkerbell movie.

Thursday: 40 more days left of school!! Morning work and quiet time was the start of our day. I didn't take many pictures today. Sammy spelled her sight words with her long forgotten caps and she did some St. Patrick's day word searches. Cayce ended up buying her a word search book while he was out today, so she is going to be working in that for the rest of the year.

Ariana worked on her handwriting and she started her spelling word unit today and that will continue until the end of the year. She is doing the same words that Samantha is working on. Samantha also did some review pages out of her Little House workbook and I made some addition and subtraction problems for her to complete.

Friday: Today was full of workbook and computer work. Samantha also started in her new word search book that Cayce bought her yesterday and she loved it. Ariana did a ton of workbook pages and her quiet time while Samantha was doing her word search.
Ariana cutting out her itsy bitsy book

samantha doing her quiet time right after her word search


Samantha doing workbook pages and Ariana was doing computer work and more workbook pages. Today was a productive day, but it was stressful. I know we will have a lot of work to do next week because of St. Patrick's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...