Friday, March 4, 2016

School Week 29 Recap

Another school week is done. I can't believe it's March! May will be here before I know it, and I will probably have work that I wanted to get done before the last day piled up somewhere. This week has been workbook work, pretty much everyday.

Monday: Early start to the day. Over the weekend, we got our new washing machine and our laundry has been piling up. I got Cayce's work clothes and Addy's clothes done. So while I was busy putting Cayce work clothes up and starting mine, I had them put Addy's clothes away. After they did their morning work and clothes for me, we read library books. Then we read together for quiet time, which isn't really quiet time anymore because Samantha reads out loud to Ariana and I.

After quiet time, I printed them off some color by number sheets. They have been asking for those kinds and I figured why the hell not. I gave Ariana 3 regular color by number and Samantha had color by sum where she had to solve the problem and then color the parts according to the key. She LOVED it. That basically took up the rest of the day.

Tuesday: We had a later start to the day than on Monday. They had more of Addy's clothes to put away today, so that went into their morning work. I always add chores to the beginning of each day in their record books. Life skills people!!! Today was filled with math and science worksheets.
Sammy did her first minute math worksheet today. I used to do these in 4th grade for multiplication. This sheet had 48 problems and in 1 minute, she completed 11. Her first time, and she did 11 problems and got them all right. This was done without finger counting or any manipulative.

Ariana also started her addition lessons. She did amazingly well. We ended the day with workbooks. Samantha did higher number addition and subtraction problems and she learned how to use a calculator. She is moving on up in the world...lol.

Wednesday: We had an early morning. it was full of clothes and what seemed liked the longest hour of quiet time. It took forever, and I was annoyed with Cayce during the entire time because he was playing a video game in front of the kids and they weren't reading... ugh, that was a douche moment. Anyways, Sammy worked on sight words again and Ariana did more workbook pages.
 Ariana did more adding pages. She loves it and then she did more shape pages. I am going to start her on her domino math sometime this month, just like Samantha did last year. Samantha did copywork pages today and they both ended the day with computer work. Samantha finished reading her Jolly Robin story on her computer lessons and was so excited.
She also learned how to add with a number line. She was so excited and happy that she got to do what I learned to do in school. It was a good school day for us.

Thursday: I decided to give the girls the day off from school at the last minute. Cayce has to go to work late tonight for inventory and he won't be home until tomorrow morning, and I just wanted to spend the day with him, since I won't be next to him tonight while I am sleeping. So today we took a personal day.

Friday: We had a little late start to the day. We did chores around the house and it took a good hour. After that, we relaxed and did quiet time.

After quiet time, we decided to watch Ratatouille. They love watching that movie since they always want to help me cook. Sammy also helped Cayce and I transfer our bathroom shelves to their bathroom, because we have a new space saver going up. To end the day after the movie, we baked some peanut butter cookies.

Those cookies were delicious.

It isn't how I planned to end the day, but tomorrow when they make yesterday up, we will be doing more computer work after their home depot workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...