Review time.... this time for book 3 in the Anita Blake series. Once again it is named after a place located in the book.
This book introduced one of my favorite characters, named Richard. He is the confident, but shy and cute and caring guy that I love, but he comes later in the story. This plot is based around new masters vampires that have come to take over St Louis and kill Jean-Claude. They do a series of killings that Anita gets called to by the police. She also has a new guy to train at her main job Animators Inc named Larry. The cover features one of the main villians, the Lamia, who is believed to be extinct but is actually immortal and she has it out for Anita and she partners up with Alejandro, another jack-ass master vampire who forcefully gives her four marks, marking her as his human servant.
The main villian is Mr Oliver. He is responsible for the lamia. Anita also figures out that he is a million year old master vampire who tricks Anita into giving him Jean- Claudes daytime resting place. The Circus of the Damned is the main location where the battle takes place and Anita kills Alejandro and Mr. Oliver.
Richard flirts with Anita and asks her on dates, but he is also keeping a few secrets from her. Jean-Claude has him as a ally type and he wants Richard to stay away from Anita. Richard is also pack leader.... he is a werewolf. He is a lycanthrope, and they are frowned upon and he has to keep up his appearance as a human really well, because he is a junior high science teacher.
At the end of the book, it hints that Anita and Richard are just starting a relationship and her marks from Jean-Claude are finally gone thanks to Alejandro, but Alejandro is dead and so she is free from the marks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment