Thursday, December 8, 2016

Review: The Lesser Bohemians


About the bookOne night an eighteen-year-old Irish girl, recently arrived in London to attend drama school, meets an older man – a well-regarded actor in his own right. While she is naive and thrilled by life in the big city, he is haunted by more than a few demons, and the clamorous relationship that ensues risks undoing them both.

A captivating story of passion and innocence, joy and discovery set against the vibrant atmosphere of 1990s London over the course of a single year

My Thoughts: The first few pages of this book, I wanted to DNF it. I was not in love with the writing style because it reminded me too much of my English 2 class in high school. But, I pushed through because I had been wanting to read it since October when I first read the summary.

I hated the writing style, but the story was good. It kept me coming back and wanting to know if he cheated on her again or if she got back together with him. I wish we knew the characters names earlier in the novel because it was difficult separating who was talking. I had to go back several times just to figure out what they were talking about. It was heartbreaking and at times I imagined that Stephen was actually my favorite British actor at the moment. That was fun.

About the authorEimear McBride was born in 1976 and grew up in Ireland. She currently lives in Norwich with her family. The Lesser Bohemians is her second novel.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...